|Statement of Faith |
1. We believe that all Scriptures are given by inspiration of God.
We believe that all Scriptures center about the Lord Jesus Christ.
We believe that the Bible is the supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct of the Christian.
2. We believe that the Godhead eternally exists in three persons – the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit – and that these three are one God.
3. We believe that Jesus Christ, our Lord, is the only Son of God. We believe in His virgin birth, atoning death and bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the Father,and in His return in power and glory.
4. We believe that the Holy Spirit, the Third Person of the blessed Trinity, dwells in every believer. We believe that He is ever present to testify of Christ.
5. We believe that man was originally created in the image and likeness of God, and that he fell through sin, lost his spiritual life, became dead in trespasses and sins, and that he became subject to the power of the devil. We believe that only through the regeneration by the Holy Spirit, man can receive salvation and spiritual life.
6. We believe that our redemption has been accomplished solely by the blood of our Lord Jesus Christ. We believe that the salvation of the believer comes only through faith in Christ.
7. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ will be coming in the air to receive His own to Himself into heaven and that this event is the blessed hope set before us and for this we should be constantly looking.
8. We believe in the only Holy Universal Church which is the Body of Christ and to which all believers belong, and in its mission to witness concerning its Head, Jesus Christ, preaching the gospel to all nations.
9. We believe that baptism and the Lord’s Supper are the only sacraments and ordinances of the Church and that they are a Scripture means of the testimony for the church in this age.